In-House Complaints Procedure
At Node, we pride ourselves in our customer service and the focus we put on building long-lasting relationships that last beyond the end of a tenancy or commercial interaction. However, we also know that sometimes things do not go as planned, and although we may work hard to remedy these situations in a fair and timely manner, the desired outcome can oftentimes not align with what our residents or customers expect or envision.
We will where appropriate, make reasonable adjustments for residents/consumers who might be disadvantaged because of factors such as their age, infirmity, disability, lack of knowledge, lack of linguistic or numeracy ability, economic circumstances, bereavement or do not speak English as a first language.
For the rare occasions when our residents or customers feel we have not provided a satisfactory solution or response, we have put together this complaints procedure which we trust will be the last resort in order to rectify the situation and provide a satisfactory outcome.
Please take the time to read the below steps and send your written complaint to your Community Curator or alternatively, you can email it to email@example.com
Could you please tell us what your complaint is about? Try to provide a description of the issue/situation, specifying the loss, cost and/or wrongdoing. Any supporting documents or proof that will help us understand the matter are welcome. Please provide as much detail as possible.
Could you please let us know what your desired outcome is from the below options?
- an apology
- an explanation
- practical action to mitigate any detriment
- reimbursement of actual loss and/or costs incurred. Please specify the amount you are claiming
- a payment in recognition of the time and trouble taken to make the complaint. Please specify the amount you are claiming
- a payment, where appropriate, for distress. Please specify the amount you are claiming
- other appropriate actions suggestedWhat will happen next?
- We will send you a written acknowledgement of the receipt of your complaint within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally be dealt with by the Operations Manager who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you. A formal written outcome of our investigation will be sent to you within 15 working days of receipt of the original complaint.
- If, at this stage, you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for a separate review to take place by a senior member of staff.
- We will write to you within 15 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final viewpoint on the matter.
- If you are still not satisfied with our final viewpoint (or more than 8 weeks have elapsed since the complaint was first made) you can request an independent review from The Property Ombudsman without charge.
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months from the date of our final viewpoint, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and voicing your concerns. We will do our best to provide an adequate response so that you can continue enjoying our community.